https://www.tobinrestoration.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Fire-Prevention-Day-Images.jpg 533 800 Tobin Team https://www.tobinrestoration.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TOBIN-logo-FC.png Tobin Team2015-10-13 17:27:252015-10-13 19:48:23Major Causes of Fire - A MUST READ
According to the National Fire Protection Association, these are the most common causes of fire in the home or office:
- Appliances & equipment: Cooking; heating; washing machines & dryers; air conditioners and fans; and more.
- Arson and juvenile firesetting: Children playing with fire and intentional fires.
- Candles: Causes and trends in home fires involving candles, candle fire frequency in other occupancies, and selected published incident descriptions
- Chemical and gases: Natural gas and LP-gas home and non-home fires; spontaneous combustion.
- Electrical: Includes home structure fires involving electrical distribution or lighting equipment
- Fireworks: Includes injury patterns and trends, including shares by type of fireworks, based on reports to hospital emergency rooms
- Holiday: Christmas trees, holiday lights and decorations.
- Household products: Mattresses, bedding and upholstered furniture
- Lightning Fires and Lightning Strikes: Information on incident type, and when and where the incidents occurred.
- Smoking materials: Fires involving smoking materials (i.e., tobacco products), including data from other countries, and what materials are most often ignited
We encourage you to talk to your children about these “fire areas” and create a fire prevention plan for your family!