If you are reading this, there’s a good chance you or someone you care about is in need of fire damage restoration. Every fire is unique. One thing they have in common is the potential for devastating consequences. This can be to your home and belongings. It may seem hopeless, but that is not always how it goes.
We are here to help. We understand that you want the fire damage restoration to happen ASAP! As experts in fire damage restoration, we can help restore your home and potentially save your belongings.
Tobin Cleaning & Restoration uses state of the art equipment and techniques to perform fire damage restoration. We are always available to give you a free fire damage consultation. We also have all the certifications and licenses needed to perform fire damage restoration in Idaho Falls. Here is a brief rundown of the steps we will take to help you bounce back after a fire.
Assessing The Fire Damage
An assessment should be done as soon as possible so we can minimize further damage. First, there is a complete inspection of your building and the contents. Then we work with your insurance provider to create a game plan for the fire damage restoration. Steps you should take after a fire include:
- Contact your insurance provider
- If necessary, board your structure to protect it from the elements or having anything stolen
- If you don’t have power, winterize the home
- Find temporary housing if you’re home is no longer livable
- Ventilate to get rid of as much odor and humidity as possible. This may require professional drying.
- Remove any firearms from the building. They should be thoroughly cleaned by a gunsmith.
- Address all furs, cash and jewelry to prevent any further damage or theft
- Itemize any refrigerated and frozen items for reimbursement
Part of working with your insurance company will be creating a fire damage restoration summary.
Fire Damage Summary
- Contents. There are contents in your home that will need to be moved to create space for emergency procedures. Our team is extremely careful to make sure your prized possessions are handled with care as they are moved. This may include everything inside the home that is not part of the structure.
- Demolition. After everything is out of the home, the next step will be demolition. This can be on anything that has been deemed as unsalvageable. This process will include having photos taken and samples of the material removed. Everything is documented. Once damaged beyond repair parts have been removed, the cleaning and drying phase begins.
- Smoke damage. Any size of fire can cause big-time damage inside of your home. Smoke Damage Restoration is a hugely important step in the process. This is because the smoke will get into parts of the home that were not damaged by fire. It can also get into the ventilation system. This will make it so the smoky odor continues to come back.
- Odor removal. Speaking of unwanted odors, it is tough to get that fire smell out of your home. We can handle this by taking out as much of the source as possible. This may include using air filtration.
- Dehumidification. It can take a ton of water to put the fire out. So you’ll also have water damage that needs to be attended to. This needs to happen quickly to ensure that you don’t get mold growing. Dehumidification involves testing humidity, moisture content, and an arsenal of drying equipment strategically placed.
- Construction. We always review the scope of reconstruction that is needed with all parties involved in the process. We hope this helps to speed the process along and get your home or business back as soon as possible. Tobin Restoration is a full-service fire damage and restoration company. We provide emergency services 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
About Tobin Restoration
Our thorough communication, estimation and procedural operation will help minimize your inconvenience caused by the fire damage to your home or building. We would love to help you get back on track. Our Idaho Falls cleaning and restoration company is with you from START TO FINISH. If you’ve experienced damage at your home or business, call us anytime at (208) 523-1080. Contact us any time for a free consultation and inspection of your damaged areas.