Molds are a part of nature. They help break down and decompose organic matter such as old leaves or wood. Although that might be great for nature, it’s not so great for our homes.
Molds reproduce by creating tiny spores that float through the air. When those spores land on something wet, they will start to grow. All types of mold need water to grow; that’s why it is so important to completely dry out any water damage you may have.
There are some steps you can take to prevent mold from ever becoming a problem. Be aware of the high humidity areas in your home, which usually include the bathroom or shower. Increase ventilation in those areas by running a fan or opening windows. It is also a good idea to clean those areas more frequently.
Mold can cause allergic reactions in some people, so it is best to get any mold you see growing taken care of as soon as possible. Tobin Restoration and its employees are trained and certified to take care of your mold problem.
You can never get rid of mold completely because there are mold spores in the air, but you can prevent it from growing on surfaces in your home. Keep an eye out for any moisture problems and if you see mold growing, give us a call.